Thursday, September 23, 2010

Battle in Seattle

I had been waiting for last weekend for almost a year. Last year, Dacia and I discovered that Washington, her alma mater, would be playing Nebraska in Seattle in September. We immediately asked for time off at work and made plans to go. And, as if that wasn't enough, I rallied the cousins and got us all together for the game.

We headed up Friday night and drove the entire way through pouring rain. Saturday's forecast was looking bleak as it proceeded to rain all night. But, the football gods shone down upon us and the clouds parted just in time for kick off.
The game went our way--Nebraska, 56. Washington, 21-- and we had such a great time! Husky stadium is definitely the loudest place I have ever been. Ever. I thought games in Lincoln were loud, but they don't even compare. When they would score, the place would absolutely erupt. The fans were super nice, the band was fun (half-time show was a tribute to Lady Gaga) and tailgating was out of this world. Find me another place where you can go out on a boat at half-time and get a beer. We can't wait to show Ryan and Dacia a good time in Lincoln next year.
The Battle in Seattle crew: Carrie, Dan, Ryan, Dacia, me and B.
Pretty much every Husker fan I know this side of the Rockies was there. Jody and I pose with Barrett, his first Husker game!
The rest of the weekend, we spent with the cousins. Pizza, beers and the Arizona game on Saturday night and then breakfast in Claire's neighborhood on Sunday morning before they flew out to Nebraska.

Joel, Sander, B, the Space Needle, Kevin, me, John, Claire and Lisa.
Such a great time.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I should have known you would be here. That was one of the most disorienting days I have ever experienced. There were so many bright eyed and bushy tailed midwesterners in Husker gear in my neighborhood at 8:30 am I couldn't tell if I was in Seattle or Omaha or some strange place in between. And then I ran into my high school best friend's mom in the shoe department at the downtown Nordstrom Rack. So bizarre. Looks like you guys had fun!