Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Confessions of an Olympaholic

I can't stop watching the Olympics.
This happens to me every time.  
I remember the last winter Olympics in Italy, I was glued to the screen for a nordic skiing race that the U.S. of A. wasn't even competing in.  I think I might have clapped when it was over.
If we had cable, I would seriously stay up all night.  No, seriously.
I watched Olympic white water kayaking the other day.  Olympic white water kayaking.  Think about that for a sec.  Why does that sound weird?
B is lucky he met me before I met Michael Phelps.
I think that when they show the underwater cam, the swimmers look like mermaids.....
There is no way the Chinese women gymnasts are all 16 years old.  No way.
The girl swimmers!  The girl swimmers look like mermaids.  Sheesh.
Even though almost the entire thing was staged and fake, the Opening Ceremony was fantastic. 
Synchronized diving is now my favorite sport.  (It's all about the angle of entry people!)  It's up there, right behind any event Michael Phelps races and women's beach volleyball.  
Oh, how I love beach volleyball.  
Can't believe I have to wait until 2010 for more of this......

No comments: