Monday, May 04, 2009

The Garden, Episode 2

Step two to planting a garden in the Northwest is apparently, go buy some dirt.  Seems like a weird thing to do, but I'm just following along here people!  Like I said before, I'm really trying to up my chances for success so I'm doing whatever it takes to get this garden off on the right foot. 

So, I bought some dirt today.  Two and a half yards of mulch compost will be delivered to my garden on Wednesday.  Just need to find a wheelbarrow.....oh, and a shovel.

Tonight, B and I are headed to the hardware store to get some fencing supplies.  There is a pesky deer that likes to nibble the new starts over at the plot and since we vetoed my scarecrow idea, a fence is in the plans.  Then, I can finally get something planted in the ground!

(Buy dirt.  Ha.  Sorry, I just can't get over it.)

No comments: