Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Bridges of Somewhere-near-Salem County

It all started on Friday at work.  Adam asked me what B and I were doing on Sunday.  I said, "Well, B has to shoot a wedding but I have no plans.  Why?  Did you have something in mind?" He says, "Actually, if you want ride in the covered bridges benefit ride, you could totally ride with us."  I responded with, "Yeah, that would be fun, but I haven't ridden any farther than the 8 miles one-way to work in about a year.  I'll think about it."  Well, then DJ showed up and turned up the heat.  The ride was a benefit for the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Assocation, organized by his wife in memory of one of her friends.  That dropped the hammer-- I just couldn't say no.

Sooooo, the benefit ride was today and it was a gorgeous ride through part of the Willamette Valley south of Salem, five covered bridges in all.  The day and scenery were beautiful and all, but the 41 miles?  My tush has a few words about that.  Let me just say, as I sit writing this, I'm contemplating getting a bag of ice to cool it off just a bit.  

Anywho, it was a great day, spent with great company, a nice little Sunday. 

The covered bridge riders:  me, Marcus, Jody, Christina, Alisa, & Tony.
Me, showing off my gun show at the last bridge.

No comments: