Monday, July 15, 2013

15 years

Fifteen years ago, I graduated from high school.  Can that be right? 15 years? When I look back on it, it has been amazing to me just how fast those years have gone. I don't know if every class does this, but my class has thrown reunion parties every five years since we graduated.  This past weekend was our 15 year soiree in Wayne during Chicken Days.

Let's pause for a moment here to explain "Chicken Days." Voted one of America's "Wackiest Summer Festivals", the Wayne Chicken Show celebrates all things chicken. Activities include: Henoween the night before complete with a cement chicken auction and fireworks, a parade the whole town comes to, the National Cluck-Off, a BBQ chicken feed, other random contests involving chickens, the egg drop and other fun stuff like a car show and a 5k run.  Since it is a standing tradition the second Saturday of July every year, it makes it easy for classes to schedule reunions that same weekend.

So, the Class of 1998 started off the festivities with a float in the parade and finished up our weekend with dinner at the Vet's Club downtown. It was really fun to see my old classmates and meet their spouses, we had such a good time! I always hear reunion horror stories, but it was great and (dare I say it) I'm actually looking forward to 20 years.

The view from our parade float back down Main Street.
Kate getting in on some Chicken Show action.
B and Kate watching the Egg Drop. 
 See these girls right here? Yeah, they haven't aged one bit.
 My classmates and their spouses. 1998!

No comments: