Sunday, May 27, 2012

The best job on earth

Cliche alert! It's true. Being a mom really is the best job on earth.  Truly and seriously.

We celebrated my second full-time job with a hike on Mother's Day. Since this was only Kate's second time in the backpack, we picked a short hike to a waterfall on the Washington side of the Columbia Gorge.  The Friends of the Gorge are currently having a waterfall challenge--hike to 25 of their favorite waterfalls this summer--so I picked Falls Creek Falls randomly from their list. (I don't know if we'll make it to all 25 by October, but we're going to give it a try.)

With the May rains and the snow melt, it was gushing and absolutely gorgeous.



As this video clearly shows, Kate loved the waterfall! Yeah, not so much. I'm not sure she can be any more disinterested in the gushing column of water.  

Gosh, the boss at my second full-time job sure is a cutie.

No comments: