Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Organized chaos

Two weekends ago, Bryan and I headed to Bend, OR so B could compete in the annual Pole/Pedal/Paddle. The PPP is a relay race from Mt. Bachelor into Bend-- it consists of 6 legs: downhill ski down a blue run, x-country ski four miles, bike 25 miles into Bend, run a 10k, paddle up and down the Deschutes river, and then sprint to the finish line. Our friend Travis had a team put together, but needed a cyclist to round things out, so that's where Bryan fit in.

There were 1200 teams entered and they had staggered starts all morning-- individuals (a.k.a. crazy people), pairs teams (a.k.a. not-quite so crazy people) and then bunches of mixed age, co-ed teams. In other words, organized chaos. People were everywhere. People had costumes on. I saw a guy skiing in a pink tutu and another guy did the x-country leg in a prom tux. It was nuts, but so much fun. I definitely want to be on a team next year and I think that B and I just might be crazy enough to do it as a pair....for the record, I did say "might."

-a shot of the whole team, "Bruised, Broken & Busted"

-Bryan taking off on his 25 mile DOWNHILL ride into Bend


No comments: